* Tigers! ... A Deep Part of My Soul *

14.12.12

‘Nothing’ Keeps Munching


              ‘Nothing’ just keeps munching

I Dread the ‘Nothing’ that keeps growing every day
more.... and more.... and more....
Like a worm eating steadily what once was filled
with Life...

I often wonder whether the greatest wish for Death
is not a disguised Deepest Desire for Life!...

Little tit bits springing unexpectedly in my mind
like the striking of a match momentarily lighting
the thick darkness of a room.

One such memory of a then most terrifying moment
and now a very cutely fond memory
was the unexpected chance encounter in my early teens
with a tiny worm crawling out of a red juicy tomato

                             

            i had just taken a lusty bite off
        making both of us leap in Surprise.

Only one of us was screaming hysterically
holding the tomato in the air with an unyielding
outstretched hand and so frozen by ridiculous
primitive fear that could not simply think
       of just putting the tomato down!...

                             

              I cannot help a wicked smile
              remembering my young self

While the ‘Nothing’ keeps munching away
what once was all meaningful Life...



No comments:

Post a Comment