* Tigers! ... A Deep Part of My Soul *

30.1.13

True Value


                                                    ( Jan 13 )

                                True Value


                                    

            
            Due to recent deterioration of my Lung condition
            my Man has shouldered most of my previous responsibilities.
            One of them was going together to The Sunday Markets
            for our Fortnightly Fruit and  Vegetable supplies.
            I am too weak to go out so he has to go alone.

            Last Sunday he returned with a bagful of small
            pitiful mandarin size avocados,
            having paid a rather unacceptable price of $2 each

             I looked at them and thought:
             “ Minus the Skin and Seed... 
             hardly leaves a tablespoon of pulp ” 
             so i exclaimed in dismay:

             “ I know it is not the season and i know they are important
              as the richest source providing readily bio-available Iron
              but this is a plain ‘Daylight Robbery!’ any way i look at it.

                                       
                
               I would have not bought them if i was there
               pity as it might be, i would have let them rot instead
               rather than give in  into the sellers greed”

               The Number of them allowed me to have one with each
               of my three daily meals.

               Soon i discovered that the third one of Fresh steamed Veggies
               without it was challengingly Blunt and hard to enjoy .

               Funny that, because avocado is a fairly blunt tasting
               creature itself, yet mixed with practically any meal
               it adds not only rich nutritional value
               but also a creamy heavenly taste and substance.

               This Morning while the last pitifully small avocado
               was standing in front of me on a tray,
               i looked at it with different eyes...

               I thought if it belonged to someone else
               and i had a $2 coin in my hand
               would i choose to keep my coin 
               or would i exchange giving it 
               and bringing the avocado home?

               No need to say 
               Nothing seemed Smaller and More Pitiful
               than my $2 coin in my hand... 
               and not a moment’s  hesitation for a wise exchange...

               Grateful to my Man... he chose My Health before Money
               and as for me... i am glad i saw the true value, even if delayed.

                               And I am Glad to Declare:

                                

                                       I Love Avocados!...



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment