( Feb 08 )
My Mother
My Mother
I liked that she was always
there
I liked that i was not
afraid of her
I liked to see her sitting
down
sometimes her face buried
in a magazine
i did not mind that
because she looked less sad
when sitting down.
I liked to hear her talk
when we had visitors
maybe i was thirsty for her
voice
or the expressions of her
face
or signs of her intellect
anything that animated her
and took away her sadness.
I hated it when she did
housework
she hated it too
and looked distressed,
distant and unhappy.
She often used to sing
during those times
which was a sign that she
was unhappy
and a sign of 'do not
interrupt'.
I always believed she did
not want to be there
and did not want me there
either
that i was part of her
distress.
Occasionally i was
surprised by a look in her eyes
that resembled 'care' for
me ...or was it love?
I never felt she loved me
there were never any happy
'together' moments
during my early childhood
...None.
Yet, there was never a time
that she was not there for me
or a time that i was not
part of her life.
Always there when i needed
her,
always supported me in any
way she could,
morally, materially or by
just being there,
right to the end of her
days.
It took me well over three
decades
before i could see it all
in the right perspective.
She will always be the shining Moonlight in my dark nights
Her Eyes will Forever remain Etched in my Soul...
No comments:
Post a Comment